Joseph Parker has spoken out about a failed drug test that emerged after his shock loss to Fabio Wardley in London on October 25 of last year.
It was revealed in November that the test found trace elements of cocaine, and he has been fighting to clear his name ever since.
The 33-year-old heavyweight spoke to 1News while helping promote David Nyika’s IBF cruiserweight world title eliminator bout against Floyd Masson in Auckland set for August 8.
Parker said the situation was "crap" and has always maintained he was innocent of any wrongdoing.

When asked if he had any idea how it happened, he said he most likely took something that was contaminated or was the victim of "foul play".
“Who in their right mind would take some stupid substance before a fight… when you've had the best, most perfect camp ever?”
He said he began to tear up when he found out he had failed the drug test – “it was such a shock”.
It’s been reported he launched an appeal on the grounds that any illegal substance entered his system without his knowledge.
He expected to get an answer in the next couple of weeks.
“We've given all the evidence we can provide to those in UKAD [the UK Anti-Doping organisation], so hopefully we get a result soon.
“It’d be nice to get it soon so I can just put it behind me and get to work, get to training, and get back to the top.”
Parker said he was “so close” to fighting for another world title before being derailed and having to fight this battle.
“It's not hard because I know I'm not I'm not guilty of anything, but it's just been right there, just hovering over me.”
He saw total exoneration or a light ban as the two most likely outcomes.
While he has been able to enjoy spending much more time with his family over the past few months, he was desperate to get back in the ring and has kept training hard.
“I'm desperate to fight as soon as possible. I've given myself two years to achieve whatever I can achieve in boxing.
“I know I can be champion of the world again.”
























SHARE ME