Man in court after $100k in meth, firearms seized in Marlborough

Police (file image)

A man has appeared in court after an estimated $100,00 worth of methamphetamine, two handguns and ammunition was seized in a police operation in Marlborough.

Detective Senior Sergeant Michael Whitty said the 39-year-old appeared in the Blenheim District Court this week charged with possession and supply of methamphetamine and unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition.

He had been remanded and would reappear in court on August 24.

"The seizure represents a significant disruption to the supply of methamphetamine in the Marlborough community and highlights police's ongoing efforts to target organised criminal activity," Whitty said.

SHARE ME

More Stories